Thursday 8 October 2015

What is your definition of Love?

Time passes real fast. It is already October in the blink of an eye.
Things come and go; Hearts leap and sunk with sorrow.
Being in a relationship for almost 3 years;
Going through ups and downs; bitter and sweet.

Love used to be pure and innocent;
Not sure how it has become so complicated, so manipulated;
Probably due to social media;
Love has become a rivalry;
A competition, a comparison.

Spamming lavish gifts;
Bragging how grande their wedding could be;
Boasting how purple the lavender they have seen;
Unveiling the true colours of society;
A real sick hypocrite society.

Love is not to be measured;
Love is not meant to hurt;
Love is supposed to be romantic, passionate;
Even a simple card could show the greatest affection;
The boundless power of love.

Not saying it is wrong to swank;
Just that the mentality behind it;
Showing everything you have just to impress others;
While lamenting you are just too deeply in love.

Are you willing to hold his hand;
If there's a day he has lost everything;
I would say I will;
God knows how much I love instant noodles;
Instead of caviar.

Assets are not durable;
Just the love, the passion will be long-lasting enough.
I am not perfect;
Just like everyone else;
I have foibles.

But what took me to write this;
Is the courage to love.

We could sail the oceans;
And swim in the Atlantic;
You could say I am hopeless;
But I'm so fuck**g' romantic.



No comments:

Post a Comment