Friday 11 September 2015

Esther's Beauty Tips | Monomola Lip Tattoo Review

Annyeong haseyo! Since I am doing a review on cosmetic products originated from Korea, I shall start my post with the Korean greeting that means Hello~~ So I guess majority of you already know the existence of lip tattoos/lip tints. Those Korean dramas nowadays always leave us in doubt;

Me : Wow! The lip colour of that actress is so natural, seems moisturizing too!
Mum : Yes, what lipstick is that? What brand is it? You should consider buying too.
Me : Not sure, eh after kissing with boyfriend her lip colour stays intact. I don't think she applies lipstick, lipstick colour comes off easily. I go search web, see what lip products they use. Kiss so much also the lip colour won't wear off. Must buy for sure!
Mum : ....

Haha..so finally I found out that most Koreans have been using lip tints and lip tattoos. Since last year, these new lip products have gone viral in the beauty cosmetic industry. Most Korea cosmetic giant retailers such as The Face Shop, Etude House, Tony Moly, Berrisom etc have started developing their own lip tattoo/lip tint production lines. Lip tattoos are said to be the most long-lasting and enduring product compared to lip tints. So, I plan to share with you one of the most famous lip tattoo brands called Monomola~

1) What are the differences between normal lipstick and Monomola's lip tattoo? What are the advantages of Monomola lip tattoo ?

- Lip tattoo is said to be more long-lasting which can last up to 24 hours.
- All the colour choices of Monomola will look very natural on your lips.
- Whether you eat or drink, the lip tattoo remains there. It will not fade or smudge.
- More health-conscious as the lip tattoo will not wear off and you won't accidentally consume it with your food/drink.
- Helps protect and moisturize your lips.
- Easily cleansed by your make-up remover.
- Looks more attractive and feminine

2) Where can I purchase Monomola's Lip Tattoo? What are the colour choices available?

I purchased my lip tattoo from 11th Street online shopping portal. It was on Merdeka sales promotion and I could grab my lip tattoos with great discounts~ So, better hurry before the promotion ends.
There are 5 colours available. From left : lovely peach, rose pink, sweet orange, sexy red and cherry red.


Photo credits to Google Image

I have purchased the rose pink and sweet orange colours for myself and the lovely peach colour for my mum.


3) How to apply Monomola Lip Tattoo?

This is the sweet orange colour. Firstly, apply on your lips evenly. If you want to create ulzzang lips just like the Korean girls, just apply on your inner lips. The lip tattoo feels slightly icy cold once you apply and it will create double layers on your lips.



After done applying, you must remember to wait for at least 10-15 minutes for the lip tattoo to dry and now, you can peel off the dried outer layer of the lip tattoo.



After you have peeled off the outer layer, what you witness now is the colour of the inner layer lip tattoo embedded/tattoed to your lips. The lip colour now is lighter than the colour you first applied. Most importantly is that it does not make you feel you are wearing any lipsticks at all. It provides a natural-look to your lips compared to lipstick. My family always watches in horror the moment I peel off my outer layer tattoo. But rest assured, it is really not painful at all.


Colour is lighter after peeled off


More natural on lips


Next, we move on to the rosy pink colour. To be honest, I really prefer this colour compared to sweet orange. I feel this colour makes my skin fairer XD


Repeat the steps as mentioned above and after peeling off the outer layer, you will be trilled to see a sweet pastel pink colour on your lips~



After outer layer peeled



Verdict : It is not so long-lasting as it claimed to be. I think it can only last up to 4-5 hours but still, they are more durable than normal lipsticks. So, let's go and give Monomola a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment