Sunday 27 September 2015

Esther's Music Talk | Zedd (True Colours Album 2015)

Being born and raised in the Kuala Lumpur city, I believe most of us will have to spend our time stuck in a massive, insane, unavoidable traffic jam. While a lot people choose to be grumpy, releasing all sorts of profanities along the road, I on the other hand choose to embrace it by using music. Music has always been in my life, my soul and my blood since I was born. I could not imagine a world without music.

This world has always been harsh and cruel to its people. Like mentioned in The Fault in our Stars by John Green, the world is not a wish-granting factory. No matter what we are going through; ups or downs, music marks the undebatable, ultimate language to mend our broken hearts and to uplift our souls.

Good music will always be able to send chills down your spine everytime you listen to it. Apart from Jay Chou songs which is already one of my favourites, I really admire songs from Russian-German DJ, Anton Zaslavski, better known as Zedd. His production normally focuses on Electronic Dance Music (EDM).

I remember the first ever song by Zedd that grabbed my attention. It is the Clarity featuring Foxes.


The first time I heard this song, it feels so calm and I could feel the world stood still in silence. I have tried listening this song in the middle of the night and it gives me a cool feeling that I am standing right beyond the universe, leaving my worries behind. This is how I started to notice Zedd.

After Clarity, there are also several EDM songs that are absolutely my favourites.

"Spectrum featuring Matthew Koma"


"Find you featuring Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant"


Zedd's songs have also introduced me to Matthew Koma, a very talented young singer and songwriter. I have always loved his energetic feminine voice. Not to mention that he has got a macho look too.

Nah..Matthew Koma. Photo credits to Google Image.


So for this year, Zedd has a new studio album called True Colours. I exploded in excitement when one of his new songs got premiered in one of my favourite radio stations, FlyFM.

"I want you to know featuring Zedd's rumoured girlfriend Selena Gomez" Awhh..so danceable and so wild !


This time, I have decided to buy his newest studio album. The price is around RM49.90 if I am not mistaken and I am super thankful to Max for helping me to get his album~

Jeng jeng jeng!!


Note : My car was completely stalled due to traffic jam. But no worries, keep calm and just listen to Zedd's songs XD


List of soundtracks from Zedd's newest album.


Apart from "I want you to know", I would personally recommend "Addicted to a Memory", "Beautiful Now", "Done with Love" and "Daisy".

For your information, "Addicted to a Memory" is written by Zedd and Matthew Koma which also features Bahari.


"Beautiful Now featuring John Bellion" I find this track so inspiring. It is such a beautiful song. Don't you guys feel the same too?


All said, I feel Zedd has done a very good job in ensuring us, his listeners, to have an awesome experience listening to his new album. I hope he will keep up his good job and produce more remarkable tracks in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment